Monday, June 17, 2013

Long Summer Days

Learning a new schedule for summer break takes time.  I have to learn to put the teacher aside and fully dedicate myself to all day with my kids.  Emily has to learn a different schedule, which is hard for her, because she is a child who thrives on a routine.  Christian has to get used to having me home all day, and that can be difficult because he's used to getting his way at his grandparents' house.  On top of all that, we add Evander, and that's a whole other kettle of fish - adjusting his schedule to the way things are done in our house.

Fortunately, we've discovered that everyone loves a pool day, so we've purchased a pass to our local pool and spend a lot of time there.  The kids can socialize with their friends, I can socialize with mine, and harmony and world peace seems just a little more in reach on those days.  When we come home in the afternoon, they're all exhausted and retreat to their rooms for resting.  By the time they're ready to rejoin the world, Dustin's home and all is well again.

Next week we're going on our first full family vacation.  I haven't been to Panama City Beach in years, and none of the others have ever been, so we'll see how it goes.  I'm just excited that we get to go to the beach during the summer and actually get in the waves!  Due to Dustin's old job, we could only go in the winter, and it just wasn't much fun for the kids.  Now they'll get to have a true beach vacation, and I'm excited for them.

What are your summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment